Board Election | FAQ
The Regent College Act includes the requirement that “at least two members of the Board [of Governors] shall be elected by persons who have received degrees from the College.” We are implementing this process to ensure compliance with the Act.
There are a few different reasons why you may not have been informed about this process.
- You do not hold a master’s degree from Regent College in Vancouver, BC. Only master’s degree holders are eligible to nominate and vote.
- We do not have your email address. Only degree holders who are contactable by email were directly informed about this process via email. If you’d like to participate, please provide your updated email address and contact information here.
- Your email address may be out of date. To ensure that you can nominate and vote, please provide your updated email address and contact information here.
- The email notices sent to your address may have been filtered out of your inbox. Please check your spam folder. Emails are sent from ElectionBuddy Elections firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons who hold any of the following master’s degrees conferred by Regent College in Vancouver, BC, are eligible to participate in this process:
- Master of Arts, Christian Studies (MACS)
- Master of Arts, Theological Studies (MATS)
- Master of Arts, Leadership, Theology, and Society (MALTS)
- Master of Christian Studies (MCS)
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
- Master of Theology (ThM)
The Regent College Act specifically states that only those who hold a degree from Regent College can participate. Certificates and diplomas are not considered degrees.
Your email address may be out of date. To ensure that you can nominate and vote, please provide your updated email address and contact information here.
Your notices may be filtered out. Please check your spam folder. Emails are sent from ElectionBuddy Elections email@example.com.
Nomination and voting are done using tailored Ballot IDs linked to email addresses. Therefore, if you and the person with whom you share an email address are both degree holders and both want to vote, one of you will need to use this form to provide a distinct email address. If this is not possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so glad you would like to participate! Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Add to Board Elections,” and include your full name, birthdate, and email address. You will then be added to the ElectionBuddy’s voter list. This process may take up to 5 business days.
No, you may only nominate somebody that you have spoken to and know personally. This ensures that the nominees are serious about their willingness to stand for election.
Each degree holder may nominate one candidate per election cycle.
No, individuals who are employed by Regent College may not serve on the Board of Governors. If somebody who is employed by Regent College is nominated, they will not be eligible to stand for election.
- We appreciate and carefully consider every nomination that comes in. The Board of Governors vets nominees who can be contacted within the vetting time period and meet the criteria listed under “Who Can Be Nominated.” This vetting process includes discussing the nomination with each candidate to ensure they understand the responsibilities and commitments involved in serving on the Board, are available during the relevant time periods, and are interested in proceeding to the election and potentially serving a three-year term on the Board. At the conclusion of the vetting period, individuals who have agreed to stand for election and have been found suitable by the Board are put forward as candidates.
- If you did not fill out all the fields on the nomination form or did not supply all of the information requested, it is possible that the nominee’s name was not put forward because we did not receive enough information to give them due consideration.
Nomination and election of Board members by degree holders will take place every three years.
The Board election process is being run by Regent College’s Alumni & Church Engagement Office, with technical services provided by ElectionBuddy. The process is overseen by the Regent College Board of Governors. Current Board member Michael Boda is serving as the Returning Office for the election process. If you have any questions for Michael, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to connect you with Michael.
Please email us at email@example.com or call the Alumni office at 604-224-3245 or toll free at 1-800-663-8664. If you’re on campus, you can also book a face to face meeting. We’d be glad to talk to you!